DONOR HELP & FAQs
Thank you for participating in Valley Gives 2018. Below are Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) for donors.
Note: If you are a participating Valley Gives organization and have a question, please see Organization FAQs.
How do I get help?
Staff at the Community Foundation is available to assist you with your questions.
Prior to Valley Gives Day, May 1, 2018, we are available during working hours of 8:30 am to 5:00 pm. During Valley Gives Day we are available periodically to provide support during much of the 24-hour period; if we are not available please leave a message and we will definitely follow-up. We will respond to all calls on Valley Gives Day in a timely manner.
Phone support: Call 413-732-2858, Option #3 for Valley Gives.
Email support: Email [email protected]
*Note: Kimbia does not provide support. Please only contact the Community Foundation.
Should I contact the organization I am donating to?
No. If you have any problems, please contact the Community Foundation as specified above.
Where is the donate button?
There is no donate button but there are two options for donating. See "How to Donate" below.
How do I Donate?
Donors can in 2 ways.
- From the home page (valley-gives.org). This is a multi-donation form so donors can add multiple organizations at the same time and only have to type the personal and payment information once. Please not however, if the donor leaves this page, the information will be lost.
- From an organization's page. Only one donation can be made from this page. If a donor wants to make a subsequent donation from another organization's page, the donor will need to re-enter the personal and payment information.
How Do Donations Work?
- Donations made through Valley Gives are received by K-Foundation, a 501(c)3 organization, affiliated with the Kimbia giving platform. Kimbia Foundation will then make a grant to the organization your designated.
- Donations to eligible participating organizations are 100% tax-deductible.
- Donations may be refunded. Donors should contact the Community Foundation, not the Kimbia Foundation or the organization they donated to. An email will be provided for this communication.
- Donations via the website may only be made via credit or debit card.
What is the Minimum Donation?
The minimum donation is $10.00. There is no maximum donation
What are the Processing Fees?
Total of 5.99% per donation. (2.49%% credit card processing, 2.99% Kimbia processing, and 0.51% for Kimbia Foundation administration). Donors may cover the processing fees when they donate.
What will be listed on my credit card statement for this donation?
On your credit card statement, K CHARITABLE DONATION SAN ANTONIO TX will be listed. The K Foundation (TKF) is the tax-exempt 501(c)3 public charity partner that works with Kimbia. TKF handles the transacting and processing of funds donated through the Valley Gives website
What Do I Do to Make a Donations on Behalf of Someone?
On the donation form, people can designate if they are making a donation in honor of, in memory of, or on behalf of someone. Please note that by doing so, the person making the donation is still the donor (this is relevant for prizes organizations are eligible for where number of donors are counted)
What I Need to Get a Refund?
Kimbia will give refunds if the donation was not intended for some reason. Donors should complete the refund form. Refunds occur in 48 hours. More info about refunds and the form.
Will I Get a Receipt for My Donation?
Yes. After you donate, you will receive an email acknowledging your donation. This can serve as your tax receipt.
Is my donation tax deductible?
Yes. All donations made for Valley Gives are tax deductible.
Can you explain the role of The K Foundation since I'm donating to a local group and Valley Gives is sponsored by the Community Foundation of Western Massachusetts?
When you select a local organization to donate to, your donation is actually being made to The K Foundation, a partner of Kimbia (the company that operates the Valley Gives website). The K Foundation will then make donation to the organization that you designated on your behalf. The Community Foundation has no direct role in the donation process.
HOW TO USE THE VALLEY GIVES WEBSITE
How Do I Find an Organization to Donate To?
There are multiple ways to find your organization on the Valley Gives website.
- Full Search (upper right) - can search by any word in the organization's commonly use or organizational name
- By Category- on the top menu and the right sidebar, are 16 categories describing an organization's work. Clicking this will produce a list of all the organizations in the selected category. Organizations can be listed in multiple categories.
- By Town/City - on the top menu, one can scroll through the town/cities where an organization's main office is located. Please not these do not necessarily where the services are provided. Clicking this will produce a list of all the organizations in the selected town or city.
- Donation Form Search - in the multi-give donation form, one can search by the commonly know organization name.
WHAT IS KIMBIA
What is Kimbia and the Kimbia Foundation
Kimbia is a company that operates the giving platform that supports Valley Gives Day. The Kimbia Foundation (TKF) is a non-profit, affiliated with Kimbia, that actually receives the donations, allowing donations to be tax deductible. By June 15, the Kimbia Foundation sends checks to all Valley Gives organizations based on the donations designated for that organization.
If you made a donation for Valley Gives but need to get a refund, please read information available here.